You don’t need to sacrifice your belongings just because your house is small include everything you love without feeling restricted to your tiny home welcome to Hello Cleaner’s DIY and do away with clutter with our 24 storage ideas for small houses.
1. Let’s start in the bedroom when you are looking to maximize a small space such as a bedroom your bed is the best place to start with there are luckily plenty of designs of bed frames that incorporate drawers in them get one so that you not only have a place to sleep but can store extra clothing such as pajamas.
2. Remaining in the bedroom you can also make your bed look elegant by adding a trunk at the end of the bed you can not only use this as a place to sit when taking your shoes off at the end of a long day but use it for storage as well keep your spare bed sheets in the trunk or store your pillows when you are not needing them.
3. When you think of loft beds you think of bunk beds and you think of kids while you could buy a loft bed and turn it into a bunk bed for your children you could also use one for yourself depending on how small your house is a loft bed is a great way to utilize space lift up your mattress and have a desk underneath or even a chair with a television.
4. If you have the ability to do this this option is a great option for adding more room to your storage the stairs that you walk up and down on every day could be turned into drawers place your shoes clothes and even cleaning supplies in these drawers guests will never know what you are keeping hidden away.
5. I always recommend floating shelves because of their versatility not only can you buy floating shelves in a variety of colors and shapes but they’re great for storage if you have picture frames or other little knickknacks that will take up desk space place them on a floating shelf it will add a sophistication to your living space that will be a real eye-catcher.
6. This is another easy way to add more storage room for yourself when you have a lot of spices you know they can take up a lot of room in your cabinets you don’t need to deal with that anymore when you hang a spice rack on the way you can neatly display everything for an easy to grab and free up space in your cabinets.
7. Your house is small but you still want to have the feel of a family dinner the problem is having a large table is just that large the large table takes up way too much room when you are not using it by installing a table that folds up against the wall when you don’t need it you’re adding more walking room for you and your family.
8. Let’s see you really don’t have a lot of space in a small home or maybe you have a guest room that only has some way sleeping overnight once a year by buying a sofa that pulls out into a bed you are getting a two-for-one deal have a couch for you and your friends to sit on and watch TV but also that becomes a bed in case anyone wants to sleep over.
9. If you have a lot of shoes you know the struggles that come with storing them not only do you run the risk of having him thrown around everywhere but they can pile up in your closet then you are never finding the match to your favorite heels with a cubby every pair is neatly organized and out of your closet.
10. Pots and pans are essential if you are a lover of cooking but they can also take a valuable room instead of having all of them clunking in your cabinets hang them people will talk about how creative this is this is a great solution for more storage because it frees up space and displays your kitchenware nicely.
11. Kitchen islands are the perfect way to add more storage to a small kitchen especially if you get one that has wheels on it this way you can move it easily around your tiny space be able to store pots pants large serving trays and hand towels as well as being able to have an extra surface to chop vegetables and prepare food on.
12. Just like what you can do with the space under your bed utilize the space under your couch for more storage by placing items in a bin that you don’t have room for you can slide these bins under the couch then whenever you need what’s inside them they’re easy to reach.
13. For the times that you have guests over store your wine glasses in a way that is elegant to the eye you don’t need to take up room in your cabinets when you can hang up your wine glasses display them nicely in your kitchen while also making more room in your cabinets for other dishes and cups that you need.
14. Feel like your own personal chef with a magnetic strip that displays your knives your knives can take up room if they’re stored in a drawer or in a wooden block that takes up counter space storing your knives this way also dulls the knives and you don’t want that so this is a neat way to store your knives that easy and within reach.
15. Feel like your own personal fashionista with a detached clothing rack have too many articles of clothes but not enough clothing space no worries by buying a detached clothing rack hang up more clothes this way also prepare your outfit for the day the night before by having them Within Reach you will no longer have to go digging in your closet while you are trying to get ready for work.
16. Every kid has their favorite toy unfortunately for the parent that toy ends up on the floor more often times than not to avoid having a messy living room grab a decorative basket at any home goods store to put the toys in you will be able to have the toys available for playtime but packed away neatly when time is over.
17. This is the same concept not everyone has children some people are parents to fur babies cats and dogs love to play as much as children the same concept is to store away their toys when they are not active teach your good dog to pull out any dogs they want but to also put them back when they are done.
18. While a standing dresser may not seem like it’s the best option where you don’t have a lot of floor space it is the best option when you don’t have a big closet with a standing dresser you can fit more clothes in this way you don’t have to get rid of anything and still rock the fashion you like in your small house.
19. Another shoe storage idea is the classic shoe storage over the door you have probably seen plenty of people even your mother hang that plastic shoe organizer up you probably didn’t think much of it at the time but it is a good idea for storing your shoes get them up off the ground and keep them organized with this idea.
20. Laundry is unfortunately a part of being an adult as much as it is the bane to our existence when you are trying to find a good place to put a laundry bag in your small apartment look to the back of your door it is a great place to get the bag off the ground and out of sight until it is laundry day.
21. With your bathroom you probably don’t have a lot of room if you have a small house when you need to have towels in your bathroom you can use baskets to help out not just baskets on the floor but baskets on the door install a few to hold multiple towels or even toilet paper for extra bathroom storage.
22. Don’t stack your clothes just anywhere and don’t stuff them in drawers when it comes to your closet add more space by installing an extra clothing rod in your closet you will then essentially have two layers for clothing to hang up.
23. Instil a towel rod on your door for more room to hang your towels you can even add multiple this is good for your bathroom or anywhere in the house your doors are great places to utilize for more ways to hang up your towels and even pants.
24. It is a very common practice to buy an over the toilet cabinet for your bathroom this way you have somewhere to store more toilet paper hand towels flat irons and maybe even feminine sanitary napkins you can get one in any color and style to match your bathroom.
And that’s all for now what do you think about this article please share your thoughts in the comment section for more decorating and organizing ideas stay tuned to our Blog thanks for reading and we’ll see you in the next article
Visited 154 Times, 1 Visit today