There’s just something so comforting about being in your bedroom it’s your comfort space where you sleep eat watch TV and more while you spend most of your time while you’re at home in your bedroom you may look around and get the daunting feeling that you don’t have a lot of room to store your possessions welcome to Hello Cleaner’s DIY and here are 23 super smart storage ideas for your small bedroom.
1. Your bed probably takes up the most space and while that is great as far as your sleeping arrangements go it also means you don’t leave a lot of room for your things having shelves under your bed allows you to utilize the space under your mattress you can have a big bed and still have room for storage check out the complete instructions on Instructables.
2. It might seem like a bit of an old idea to have a bench at the end of your bed don’t scoff at it not only is this a bench for you to sit on while you’re trying to pull your shoes on in the morning or take them off at night but you can also have a bench that allows you to store pillows blankets and more in it it also adds a great decor to your small bedroom.
3. A headboard doesn’t need to be just a decoration piece for your bed but can also be a storage unit install cubbies in your headboard so that you can make the most out of the space you are given in your small bedroom you also have the ability to have certain items within arm’s reach such as personal items and more.
4. For you heard that correctly it’s time to start thinking outside the box when you are looking at your bedroom and you are thinking that your bed is taking up too much space there’s a solution for that you have the ability to mount your mattress on something that makes it possible to fold up your bed when you are not using it this allows you to roam freely throughout your bedroom when you are not sleeping.
5. When in doubt put it on the wall instead of cluttering your floors with standing shelves and thus running out of room start installing floating shelves by putting shelves up against the wall you can store pictures knickknacks and more put up whatever you want and not worry about clutter with these fashionable floating shelves.
6. We never have just one pair of shoes and putting all of your pairs of shoes on the floor of a closet not only can take up a lot of room but it can also look highly disorganized so if you have an over-the-door shoe organizer hanging you can store your shoes you’ll get them out of the way of your closet and keep everything nice and neat.
7. For even more storage that will also look quaint in your bedroom consider a bench with cushions at the base of your window by doing this you have something that you can sit at to look out the window as well as another means of storing shoes clothes and anything else that you don’t have room.
8. When you are considering your small bedroom and if you have the ability to make changes to the walls then you might want to consider built-in wall shelves this takes everything out of the main area and out of the way all while storing things that are out of the way this looks stylish and is practical.
9. What if the small bedroom is for your 2 children what if it’s for children if you have an apartment or a house with not enough rooms there is a way to have your kids share a room without making it seem as if they don’t have any personal space bunk beds or a loft bed means one bed over another get one with a desk attached so not only can they do their homework but also have extra storage as well.
10. A standing wardrobe with a small bedroom you may not have a lot of closet space for your personal possessions by having a standing wardrobe put in your room you will have more room for shoes clothes and everything else it will add a nice decor to your small bedroom as well as being a good way for extra storage room.
11. If you need more room for coats purses and more than having a coat rack in your small bedroom might be a good decision you can also have one that has a shelf or two that way you can also place your shoes on it it can free up more space in your closet as well as adding a bit of flair to your room.
12. Utilize the space under your bed if you have a bed that has free space underneath it then why not but don’t just throw anything under the bed believe me people will see it also it could get really messy and disorganized so get a rolling drawer to neatly storage whatever you need under the bed.
13. This is different than folding your bed up against the wall if you can have your bed built into the wall then you have much more floor space to enjoy not only this but you can install shelves in the cubby that you have built your bed within this is a cozy way to make more space for yourself in your small bedroom check out the step by step guide on shanty cue chic.
14. Sometimes you have to get creative if you have a small bedroom for shoes and other items installing a pullout shelving unit is a perfect idea not only are you diminishing bulkiness in your bedroom you can also have a neat and organized way to store your shoes this is a great idea for that whole out-of-sight out-of-mind saying.
15. Let’s say you do some of your work in your bedroom but let’s admit that having your laptop on your lap while on the bed can be a strain on your neck and back so in order to turn your bedroom into your workspace have a bed unit that can have a tabletop pulled out to work off.
16. Let’s say you have the ceilings to support a high-rise bed then consider this option raise your bed up off the floor and have stairs that lead up to the bed not only have you fit more under the space where your bed would have been on the ground but you can turn those stairs into extra storage.
17. Nightstands this is a pretty simple solution but maybe one you hadn’t considered by having nightstands at either side of your bed you can put more in them that you would have normally had to put in your closet or find somewhere to place them put in your favorite book or phone chargers.
18. This unique solution is that you have your bed lift up and you can store items such as luggage chairs boxes and more underneath this may require a little bit of assembly but in the end is a very smart way to store items that you have no idea to even place.
19. This is getting really creative but hey when you have a small room you have to be created you can literally add racks to the ceiling to storage baskets and even hang clothes from lift everything up from the floors and even the walls and put the storage on the ceiling it will be out of the way and free up space.
20. Speaking about the ceiling you can install shelves along the perimeter of your bedroom for even more space store your books movies CDs and anything else up there you can definitely make the most of your small bedroom and not have to worry about making your small bedroom feel cluttered.
21. For simple little tricks you can install hooks on the walls to hang your coats purses and more this is a wall to free up your closet from those bulky coats that take up too much room for whatever purse or bag you are not using hang it up.
22. For a children’s room you can put a bench that is not only good for your kids to sit on to put their shoes on but also have cubbies to store their toys this also works for yourself so that you can have even more storage space for your shoes or other things.
23. Instead of taking up space in your drawers and getting all of your necklaces tangles up hang up your jewelry whether it is on hooks or something else you can have your lovely necklaces and earrings on display for friends to see when they come over and you avoiding taking up space.
And that’s all for now what do you think about this ideas, please share your thoughts in the comment section for more kitchen storage and organizing ideas stay tuned to our Blog. thanks for reading and we’ll see you in the next article.